Manchester City will be looking to leapfrog Arsenal at the top of the Premier League by beating West Ham today in this midweek clash at the Etihad Stadium.
Currently on an eight-game winning streak in the EPL, City seem on an unstoppable ride to the title, with Pep Guardiola’s side two points behind leaders Arsenal with two games in hand.
The hosts overcome a tricky task against Fulham at the weekend, coming back from a goal down to win at Craven Cottage, in a match which saw Erling Braut Haaland score his 50th goal of the season and become the first player in the English top-flight in 92 years to reach half a century of goals across all competitions in a season.
West Ham have meanwhile lost their last two games and while almost safe in 15th spot, still have the cloud of relegation hanging over them. Nevertheless, with a busy upcoming schedule which includes less challenging EPL fixtures plus a crucial Europa Conference League semi-final clash against AZ Alkmaar, Hammers boss David Moyes could be tempted to rotate his side today for what appears to be an unwinnable game against the Champions-elect.
Below, we’ll outline the best live TV streaming services to use to watch the game live wherever you are in the world.
Manchester City vs. West Ham: When and where?
Man City host West Ham at the Etihad Stadium on Wednesday, April 3. Kickoff is set for 8 p.m. local time in the UK (3 p.m. ET, 1 p.m. PT in the US, and at 5 a.m. AEST on Thursday morning in Australia).
How to watch the Man City vs. West Ham game online from anywhere using a VPN
If you find yourself unable to view the game locally, you may need a different way to watch the game — that’s where using a VPN can come in handy. A VPN is also the best way to stop your ISP from throttling your speeds on game day by encrypting your traffic, and it’s also a great idea if you’re traveling and find yourself connected to a Wi-Fi network, and you want to add an extra layer of privacy for your devices and logins.
With a VPN, you’re able to virtually change your location on your phone, tablet or laptop to get access to the game. Most VPNs, like our Editors’ Choice, ExpressVPN, make it really easy to do this.
Using a VPN to watch or stream sports is legal in any country where VPNs are legal, including the US, UK and Canada, as long as you have a legitimate subscription to the service you’re streaming. You should be sure your VPN is set up correctly to prevent leaks: Even where VPNs are legal, the streaming service may terminate the account of anyone it deems to be circumventing correctly applied blackout restrictions.
Looking for other options? Be sure to check out some of the other great VPN deals taking place right now.
Livestream the Man City vs. West Ham game in the US
This game is on USA Network, which you can access as part of your cable package or at the NBC Sports website with a valid login, and can be streamed via Sling TV and other more expensive streaming TV services.
Livestream the Man City vs. West Ham game in the UK
Premier League rights in the UK are split between Sky Sports, BT Sport and Amazon Prime Video. This game is exclusive to Sky Sports, showing on its Sky Sports Main Event, Premier League and Ultra channels. If you already have Sky Sports as part of your TV package, you can stream the game via its Sky Go app, but cord-cutters will want to get set up with a Now account, and a Now Sports membership, to stream the game.
Livestream the Man City vs. West Ham game in Canada
If you want to stream this EPL clash live in Canada, you’ll need to subscribe to FuboTV Canada. The service has exclusive rights to this Premier League season.
Livestream the Man City vs. West Ham game in Australia
Football fans Down Under can watch this EPL fixture on streaming service Optus Sport, which is showing every single Premier League game live in Australia this season.
Quick tips for streaming the Premier League using a VPN
- With four variables at play — your ISP, browser, video streaming provider and VPN — your experience and success when streaming EPL matches may vary.
- If you don’t see your desired location as a default option for ExpressVPN, try using the “search for city or country” option.
- If you’re having trouble getting the game after you’ve turned on your VPN and set it to the correct viewing area, there are two things you can try for a quick fix. First, log into your streaming service subscription account and make sure the address registered for the account is an address in the correct viewing area. If not, you may need to change the physical address on file with your account. Second, some smart TVs — like Roku — don’t have VPN apps you can install directly on the device itself. Instead, you’ll have to install the VPN on your router or the mobile hotspot you’re using (like your phone) so that any device on its Wi-Fi network now appears in the correct viewing location.
- All of the VPN providers we recommend have helpful instructions on their main site for quickly installing the VPN on your router. In some cases with smart TV services, after you install a cable network’s sports app, you’ll be asked to verify a numeric code or click a link sent to your email address on file for your smart TV. This is where having a VPN on your router will also help, since both devices will appear to be in the correct location.
- And remember, browsers can often give away a location despite using a VPN, so be sure you’re using a privacy-first browser to log into your services. We normally recommend Brave.